I am a Licensed Professional Counselor in private practice and specialize in working with couples and adults. I operate from the therapeutic model of Emotionally Focused Therapy.
I also integrate mindfulness-based psychotherapy for individuals dealing with anxiety, depression, relationship distress, stress management and other life stressors.
I work in private practice in downtown Milwaukie, OR a few miles southeast of Portland. Previously, I worked for several years as a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor in a group psychotherapy practice at Integrative Health Partners in Chicago, Illinois. I also spent over six years working in hospice care with Midwest Palliative & Hospice Care Center and Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s Home Hospice educating and supporting patients and family members with anticipatory grief, bereavement, pastoral care and end of life care.
Education & Training
- Certified as an Emotionally Focused Therapist through The International Centre For Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy (ICEEFT) (2020).
- Masters in Pastoral Counseling from Loyola University in Chicago, Illinois (2006).
- Counseling practicum completed at Lorene Replogle Counseling Center, an outpatient-counseling center in Chicago, Illinois.
- Trained in Clinical Pastoral Education at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, Illinois.
- American Counseling Association (ACA)
- National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Oregon Counseling Association
- Portland Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy
- International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
On a Personal Note…
Sheila is a native of Madison, Wisconsin and lived in Chicago, Illinois for 20 years prior to relocating to Portland in 2012.
Sheila lives with her wife and two dogs in Portland. She enjoys hiking, biking, kayaking and taking in the beauty of the Northwest. She also enjoys meditation, music, film and supporting creative culinary entrepreneurs and small businesses.